Duty Free Pets is taking proactive measures to prevent exposure to both our clients and employees during the Covid 19 epidemic. We identify our service as essential to helping manage the health and safety of households with pets by removing solid waste in the form of feces from the yards of our clients. This helps to greatly reduce the spread of bacteria, parasites and disease in our client’s lawns and the community. Duty Free Pets deems our services as necessary to maintaining safety and sanitation for pets and their owners.
We are proactively conforming our procedures on both the technician side and client side. These new procedures will continue to adapt as we are instructed or requested by local, state and federal authority. Duty Free Pets will continue with normal operation during this National Emergency with the following procedures and precautions.
New and existing protective procedures and precautions for technicians:
- Remain a minimum 6 feet away from all clients. This is the distance recommend by the CDC. Social distancing is a requirement.
- No longer leave pet waste bags tied to the front door. They are now directed to leave a piece of painters tape affixed to the back door or in some place in view of the back door.
- Technician will keep time of service on daily service route sheet.
- If a customer is in the yard the technician will give customer instructions to stay at least 6 feet away and preferably go inside for the service.
- In the case of a customer needing to be in the lawn to direct technicians on a 1st time service the customer and technician is instructed to stay at least 6 feet away.
- Spray antibacterial spray on all tools between customer’s lawns.
- Technicians will wear protective gloves while in lawns. They will be issued disposable latex gloves.
- If a technician has seasonal allergies with accompanying coughing and sneezing they will wear protective nose and mouth covering.
- If feeling sick with Covid 19 symptoms the technician will inform their supervisor immediately and are instructed to seek the appropriate medical attention. View CDC Covid 19 symptoms here. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html
New and existing protective procedures and precautions for clients:
- Practice social distancing by eliminating contact with the technician. Friends, family, children and clients to remain inside during servicing.
- If impossible to stay inside or if you need to relay anything to a technician clients are required to stay at least 6 feet away as recommended by the CDC.
- Wait until the following day to remove service indicator tape or service alert note.